Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attention Race Fans!

Ender
    Ender
    Admin

Attention Race Fans! Empty Attention Race Fans!

Post  Ender Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:36 pm

Well I have finally found my niche in on-line gaming and that is sim racing. I recently started playing a racing sim called iRacing. I researched several different ones but this one had the best features. The graphics are good but not as good as some of the newer games...but what it has makes it a much better on-line racing sim than any others. The developers from day one wanted to build a community of racers and not just another game. So one of the things they implemented is the use of your real name in-game. You are not allowed to use an alias. People tend to be more polite when they can't hide behind an alias. Next they have a points system which encourages good driving and sportsmanship while discouraging bad driving and intentionally hitting other cars. The physics in the game are among the best in the business. The developers had every track that is available laser scanned so that it could be accurately duplicated in the game. Every bump you hit in the game is in the same exact spot in real life. There are even a few professional drivers that race in the game. I've seen Dale Earnhardt Jr. post in the forums after a race and apparently Danica Patrick and a couple of other pro drivers also race in the sim. The game is a bit more costly then most as it is a monthly subscription and you have to buy some of the cars and tracks to race an entire series or move up in license class, but it is well worth the cost. I'm hooked on this game like no other game before. If your interested let me know! I'd love to have more people racing with me Smile
    Ender
    Ender
    Admin

Attention Race Fans! Empty Re: Attention Race Fans!

Post  Ender Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:56 pm

Well after playing this racing sim for awhile now I am getting tired of always having to attach my steering wheel to the table and setup my chair and pedals just right for driving...then having to disassemble it all again just to play other games. So I've decided I want to a sim racing cockpit where I can permanently mount my race gear next to my desk. I looked at 2 of the less expensive but best built retail ones out there that run for about $250 and $280...but shipping is going to kill me at over $160 for one and over $400 for the other. So I think I am going to build one or have one built. I just wish I could find plans for one on-line that I am 100% satisfied with.
    Ender
    Ender
    Admin

Post  Ender Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:59 pm

Got a custom pain scheme for my Star Mazda Smile

Attention Race Fans! Starmazda1

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 10:04 pm