Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Reducing Imaginary "Lag"

NBK_Fuzzy
    NBK_Fuzzy
    MOD

Reducing Imaginary "Lag" Empty Reducing Imaginary "Lag"

Post  NBK_Fuzzy Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:18 am

This is from the Steam forums but due to the amount of positive feedback I assume this will work.

I've just set this up on my 2 computers, here's the steps I took:

Nvidia

Right click Nvidia icon in tray and select Nvidia Control Panel

Choose Manage 3D settings from list on left

Go to Program settings tab

Press "Add" and browse to ...Steam\steamapps\common\aliens vs predator demo\avp.exe

Maximum pre-rendered frames - click where it says Use global setting(3) and change it to 1

Go to http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=733 and hit Download Now

Install the Tray Tools (run as administrator in Vista/7, and turn off UAC when installing)

Go to the new Tray Tools icon in the tray (it's a red and white diamond), right click and choose Game Profiles

Set Profile Name ("AvP demo" would be a good choice)
    Executable - browse to ...Steam\steamapps\common\aliens vs predator demo\avp.exe

"Set 3D to" <- tick this box, choose Custom Settings from the dropdown box and press Edit.

Go to the "3D Additional" tab, in the Flip Queue Size dropdown box select 1

Press OK.

Now back in the Manage Game Profiles window, press the save button (looks like a floppy disk) at the bottom under profiles.

Press Close

Done

I know Jippy was having this issue, I wasnt so I cant do a personal test to be sure. If you were trying this and posting here to confirm would be very helpful. Also, this could be an issue thats a glitch that will be fixed in the final product, keep in mind the demo build is from 10 monthes ago.
    Ender
    Ender
    Admin

Reducing Imaginary "Lag" Empty Re: Reducing Imaginary "Lag"

Post  Ender Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:02 pm

Nice Find! I'll have to try that with other games as well...would probably help in AA too.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:15 am